Summer has finally arrived and we are all waiting patiently to depart in hopes of experiencing a new adventure, brushing up on our photog skills, creating new memories, and straight up chilling by blue water and white sand all day long.
Pour yourself a tall tropical cocktail and lets prep to pack properly for your next vacay! You will need the following supplies so take note as we guide you through a seamless transition from spring to summer travel.
1. Back-to-Basics: Let’s start with the basics like printed shorts, a shift dress, a few vintage tees, a chambray button down, and a few flirty blouses. All of these simple staples will complete effortlessly chic ensembles in just minutes. Check out the printed Magdelena shorts from Nonoo’s Summer 2013 collection.
Style Tip: Punch-y prints work well with sheer basics like the Hollywood tank from De Lacy’s summer collection.
2. Statement Sunnies: You will need two pair, one pair for the beach because you don’t want to sport sandy sunnies and one pair for shopping trips and tours because one can never have too many pair of sunnies.
3. Optional Outerwear: We recommend two different options, one light colored blazer that can be paired back to multiple looks. We love the cream tones and subtle shimmer in the Boucle Jacket by Smythe. Also, you will need one vest of the leather or denim variety. Why? Because it is chic…
4. Awesome Accessories: Here at style étoile we live by the motto “when in doubt, accessorize it out” so, stack up your wrists, necks, and fingers with some of your trendy trinkets and you are good to go. Check out the latest from SHASHI, Lindsay Vallan, and Samantha Faye for a little inspiration.
5. Summer Scarf: The lightweight of a summer scarf is key to completing a beach-y look when used as a cover up. Also, it may be used as a shawl for a day-to-night ensemble because one can never tell how cold it will be at night in a foreign place.
We hope this helps guide you through the horror of packing for a weekend getaway shared with friends and loved ones. After all, who wants to waste time worrying about what they are going to pack when it can be done in 5 simple steps!